your team's negotiation skills training could improve your position with your customer.
Negotiation Training Summary and Deliverables
- Training Deliverables: Standard work implementation of negotiation process
- Defining successful negotiations from the buyer and seller viewpoints
- Achieving rapport and trust during the negotiation process
- Improving listening skills and communication approaches
- Applying standard work to the negotiation process
- Attendees: 10-30 people per course
- Training can be performed either virtually (MS Teams) or in person
- Virtual session: 3x 3-hour MS Teams sessions with 60-day follow up
- In-person course: 2x 6-hour sessions; 1x 4-hour session with 60-day follow-up
- Getting Acquainted
- What are Negotiations
- Negotiation Perspectives of Buyers and Sellers
- Securing the Preferred Position
- Personal Negotiation Projects
- Listening to the Customer
- Negotiation Case Exercise
- Define the Customer’s Need
- Review GAP finding questions
- The Goal of a Negotiation
- Identifying the Ultimate Decision Maker
- Negotiation Standard Work
- Final Negotiation Exercise
- 60-Day Negotiation Project
Pre-Negotiation Checklist Summary
- Develop how the company’s position improves with this deal.
- Ensure you have the preferred position with the customer.
- Establish a justifiable walk point.
- Develop an economic impact of each negotiation trade.
- Make sure your supervisors agree and support the walk point.
- Develop a coach.
- Prepare a list of vital questions.
- Must be negotiating with decision makers.
- Do not give anything without getting something in return.
- The goal is to improve your position, not to win at any cost.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
Develop Your 60-Day Negotiation Project
- Complete the pre-negotiation checklist for the project you listed in the homework from the previous 2 days.
- Negotiation project from Day #1
- GAP questions from Day #2
- A 10-minute 1:1 call will be set up for you to review your completed checklist
- You’ll negotiate with the customer or vendor
- You’ll report out the results to the team in 60-days (5-minute MAX presentation per person)
Call us at 301-846-0611
or by using the form below
"Imagine learning without being taught! That is the experience I have had each time I've worked with Marc. His uncanny ability to teach through storytelling sets him apart from the traditional workbook style sales training platforms because he weaves in foundation-building skills with contemporary relevance. Salespeople are emotional creatures and while we need to know our product, our job is much more than spewing product specs to our clients. Marc's programs are indeed structured uniquely for each client and his follow up is seamless. It's easy to experience a sample of his narrative genius...simply call him and start a conversation. You may be amazed at what you learn about your organization."
- Ed Levy, Edventure Promotions
"Marc has a unique style that is both direct and informative. His ability to read the needs of people and programs associated with selling is uncanny."
- David Ferraro, Vice President, Carris Reels
"Selling That Works' focus is on the development of your people resulting in increased sales and profits."
- Jim Hunter, Vice President of Supplier Services, IMS Americas
"Marc’s knowledge of basic selling skills and fundamental methods and the engaging way that he presents them to newly promoted line salespeople insure that they retain and use what they have been taught and face new assignments believing they can succeed."
- Michael A. Harris, Aftermarket Sales and Strategic Alliance Manager,
Joy Global Underground Mining
"Matching our customers' needs with our company's capabilities, while working with the final decision maker, has quickened our sales cycle and led to record growth for our organization."
- Tim Richardson, Vice President Sales and Development, United Displaycraft
"I wanted to thank you for what I believe to be by far the best Sales Training Course I have ever attended. Your course offers an efficient and professional method for successful selling. A complete professional plan that helps each salesperson differentiate themselves from the competition in today's marketplace."
- Danny Williams, Sr. Account Executive, Vertis Communications